Peace out, if I am late but….
Disclaimer: I do not own WINNER…(I wish though hehe jk)
Anyw4ys in honor of WINNER d4y! I will be making a review of of their album EVERYD4Y
First off, like my last album review post, I want to clarify I am no musical expert. But I am a music lover who is particularly leaning more towards KPOP & other Asian music. Don’t get me wrong I am into all kinds of music like classical music, instrumental to anime theme songs and International artists as well like Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, Jojo, Mariah Carey, Madonna, Taylor Swift, NSYNC etc etc, just to name a few. But as I mentioned before I lean a little more towards KPOP especially these past couple years.
Like I mentioned in my 1st KPOP album review on iKON’s New Kids Repackaged Album. My interest in KPOP all started with the debut of 2NE1, iKON’s and WINNER’s older sister group from the same entertainment agency. 2NE1 opened the doors to me to KPOP, with BIGBANG another sibling group steeping deeply into my heart, followed by other artists including iKON, WINNER, BLACKPINK and LEE HI in their entertainment agency, YG entertainment. But more of them on another time, including 2NE1 cause to me 2NE1 is always forever and legendary! For now the focus of my review is on WINNER and the EVERYD4Y album . Peace out for straying off topic. 😊 Warning, I might do this every once in a while.
Secondly, since I am making a review of all the songs WINNER’s EVERYD4Y. I also want to clarify I’ve heard most of the songs before. Most especially when they came to NYC for their WINNER EVERYWHERE WORLD TOUR 2019 in NYC. Which btw was a total awesome and refreshing experience. My good friend and I has so much fun and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Anyways on the songs in the #WINNEREVERYD4Yalbum I just that I haven’t exactly express my thoughts and feelings on the songs individually yet.
Thirdly, disclaimer, I want to clarify this review is like a mention before is from my thoughts, feelings and possibility on interpretation of the songs and the entire album…before and after reading the English translations… So you don’t have to take what I say seriously just with a grain of salt. But I do hope this gets you interested in WINNER and KPOP as a whole.
Anyw4ys just a tidbit.. All the members has a hand in the production of their songs… Most especially Seungyoon, WINNER’s maknae leader, Seunghoon WINNER’s lead rapper and main dancer and MINO their main rapper and former leader. If I got their positions in the group mixed up. Please forgive me and correct me if I’m wrong ✌️
Anyw4ys to the album
- “Everyday”-I love this song. It is definitely one of my favorites. It is fresh and groovy. I love Seungyoon’s and Jinu’s voice here especially. And both Mino and Seunghoon are awesome as they give us really cool raps in this song. Hands down, this is a song you would definitely dance to and feel good. Only good vibes. The MV of the song gives off a tropical fresh feeling and a sense of relaxation, having fun… not only enjoying oneself but with others as well. At the same time though, well this song pretty much sending good vibes…from the lyrics of the song is we learn it is actually a love song about spending time with a loved one everday, wanting to spend time with someone they love…everyday 😊 Anyways this is an awesome song, hands down.
- “Air”-First off, this is one of my favorite tracks of this album. It gives off this fresh airy feeling. Pun intented. It’s a beautiful song. It’s a feel good serenade. As if you are either being confessed to or just someone is expressing their feelings for you and the setting makes you feel only good vibes… If that makes sense to you. Peace. But that how it feels to me especially when before the English translation you can clearly understand that they are saying, “Baby you are ma air (air air) Baby you are ma air …” Anyways, as you read they English translation, the song is basically the guys feelings for a girl, and what said girl does to them….that she is his air. It a beautiful song.
- “Hello”-this song, the moment it began…I knew I would like it a lot. I like it how both rappers, Mino and Seunghoon started it off. Then followed up Seungyoon. Then Mino again. And finally, Jinu. I love how each member flowed well with their parts in this song. I found this song very hip and fresh. It has a way of making me bounce my head with the music. Anyways when you read the English lyrics along with the song, the guy is calling his girl and wondering why his girl is not answering…. The guy is getting so worried that a lot of things is going to through his mind but he reassures that he trusts her. He is just going crazy with worry and just wants her to answer or call back. Anyways, I really love this song, it is bop. Are there vocals are awesome, most especially with Jinu and Seungyoon! And the raps bounce between catchy and sexy between Seunghoon and Mino.
- “Turn Off the Lights” (Mino Solo)-this! Oh my 🔥🔥🔥! At the first listen it made me somewhat sentimental but at the same time get into the groove… It’s a beautiful sentimental sexy song with or without knowing the English lyrics. That’s all I am gonna say. Mino vocals and raps are on fire.
- “La La”-On this I won’t expound more because except that this is a fresh hype song. Perfect party song. This is the type of song that makes me feel good and just want to have fun, enjoy and relax. It also makes you bounce to the beat of the music.
- “For”- this is a beautiful bittersweet ballad as it gives off a sentimental feeling. Hands down, will not expound further, but it will make you move your body side to side to music and sway your arm up high…side to side.
- “We Were”-this song right off the bat gives off a sentimental feeling. It’s a beautiful groovy song. Mino starts off with his slow rap. I especially adore Jinu’s and Seungyoon’s vocals here. Very sexy, husky and soothing. Hands down, like with their song ‘For’, but it will make you move your body side to side to music and sway your arm up high…side to side…but more slowly back and forth. It is a sadly beautiful bittersweet song…from what I understand from the English lyrics…talking about good times despite going through or having gone through a fall out.
- “Luxury”-I love the feeling of this song. It is so fresh. It makes me bounce my head along with the music most especially begins it with Mino’s rap. Then Jinu follows, transitioning well into the song. And when Seungyoon’s vocals come in. Oh my… lol😉 Then Seunghoon coming in with his rap…I felt he came in really cool and him. Anyways this is a fresh feel good song. When I read the lyrics…I actually found it cute…it’s about how the guy feels about a girl, making him feel like he will definitely spend a lot on her because that’s what she deserves but she is too good even for him…but he really likes her and what’s to be with her. Anyways I really love this song. It is awesome! Love it!
- “Movie Star”-I love this song. This is one of my favorites. Most especially it was said to be written for the fans. I remembered seeing them performing this at their concert, it was such a beautiful breathtaking experience. I remember though us fans were suppose to hold up our fansigns and we fans would sing our own version of the lyrics during their performance of this song, but it was a bust. LOL. Before we could even do that, during their talk before this was even performed Winner’s playful maknae leader casually borrowed it from a fansign and starting reading it. Anyways even though it was a bust, was so cute and it was still an overall awesome experience. Anyways back to the song it is such a beautiful song, I really love it so much. Overall, from my understand from the English lyrics, the guy is saying he is not a movie star, an extra, but once doing what he wants to do especially with the one he meets who inspires him, he feels like one and he is motivated to do well….or something along those lines but he definitely feels like a star when that person came along. Anyways love this song! Definitely one of my favorites.
- “Special Night”-I love this song in the sense that it gives off a feel good, having fun and enjoy the night kinda feeling. When you read the English translation, it is definitely going along those lines, they guy is ready to enjoy and have fun with the one who makes him feel special. Pun intended. That he is excited to spend time with that someone, that he knows that with that person it special night for them…or something along those nights. Lol. Anyways love this song! It is so groovy!
- “Raining” (Korean version)-this song gives off a groovy feel good feeling. Makes me feel somewhat sentimental but at the same time still enjoy the song. Hands down, will not expound further, but it is definitely another song of theirs that will make you move your body side to side to music and sway your arm up high…side to side.
- “Have A Good Day” (Korean version)-this is a lovely song. It gives off a sentimental feeling even though it is somewhat bittersweet. It is still showing sweet, thoughtful good vibes of telling someone to ‘have a good day’ esp during and after a fallout. This is definitely another song of theirs that will make you move your body side to side to music and sway your arm up high…side to side.
Anyw4ys if you made it up to here… Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review on WINNER’s EVERYD4Y album. Over all it is a breath of fresh air! Pun intended, of course cause of their song “Air”. Peace out on the corniness. LOL
Once again Thank you @yesasia ! For My #WINNEREveryD4y Album 💗😍💗
Btw can’t wait for #WINNER ‘s next comeback hopefully 🙏
So ready for the #WINNER ‘s future concerts & projects 💗 Lots of love, support & good health #seungyoon #YOON #seunghoon #HOONY #MINO #SongMino #JINU 💗🤗💗 Let’s continue supporting them my fellow #incles #innercircle & #ygstans
And if you are interested in my content, please subscribe to and follow here on my website. I will start making even more reviews here soon on #books #anime #movies #tvshows #cds etc. Especially on future KPOP artists’ album reviews and possibly MV interpretation/ review as well. Also, watch out for my review of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies movie later on this week, most likely this coming weekend.
And please check out and follow me on my InstagramLadyAzulMoon
Once again #HappyWINNERD4y #fatednumberfour #FatedNumber4 #WINNER
#korean #kpoppers #kpopbg #koreanboygroup #koreanband #koreanmusic #ygfamily #ygartists
#ygartist #kpop #ygentertainment #yge #ygent #boybands #boygroups #popmusic #koreanpop