Peace out, if I am late….but celebrating the 3 year anniversary of #LeeHi #LeeHayi ‘s Seoulite Album with a review
Disclaimer: I do not own Lee Hi…(But I am a fan and a #HiceCream #HiHeels / #YGartists #YGstan )
First off, like all of my previous album reviews post, I want to clarify I am no musical expert. But I am a music lover who is particularly leaning more towards KPOP & other Asian music. Don’t get me wrong I am into all kinds of music like classical music, instrumental to anime theme songs and International artists as well like Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, Jojo, Mariah Carey, Madonna, Taylor Swift, NSYNC etc etc, just to name a few. But as I mentioned before I lean a little more towards KPOP especially these past couple years.
Like I mentioned in my previous KPop album reviews, my interest in KPOP all started with the debut of 2NE1, iKON’s, WINNER’s and Lee Hi’s older sister group from the same entertainment agency. The same group…who Park Bom, in my previous album review was also in…
2NE1 opened the doors to me to KPOP, with BIGBANG another sibling group steeping deeply into my heart, followed by other artists including iKON, WINNER, BLACKPINK and LEE HI in their entertainment agency, YG entertainment. But more of them on another time, including 2NE1 cause to me 2NE1 is always forever and legendary!
But for now the focus of my review is on Lee Hi and her masterpiece. Peace out btw for going off topic. 😊 Warning, I might do this every once in a while. LOL
Secondly, I have listened to the entire album before especially on #Spotify and #Youtube when it was first released 3years ago and it took a long time til recently for me to get the physical album. Anyways since I am making a review of all the songs, I will still give a heartfelt review as best as I can. Especially since this is one of my favorite Albums.
Thirdly, disclaimer, I want to clarify this review is like a mention before is from my thoughts, feelings and possibility on interpretation of the songs and the entire album…before and after reading the English translations… So you don’t have to take what I say seriously just with a grain of salt. But I do hope this gets you interested in Lee Hi and KPOP as a whole.
Btw, just a little tidbit…Tablo of Epik High is the main producer of Lee Hi’s Seoulite. He is such genius….talented lyricists, composer and producer. At at the time head of YG entertainment subsidiary agency HIGHGRND.
Anyways onwards to the actual review!
* “World Tour” feat MINO of WINNER-the moment I heard the beat I was like this is hands down one of my favorite songs in Lee Hi’s album. And a bonus, MINO is featuring! Anyways I love this song because it is so groovy and it has a R&B feel. This collab between Lee Hi and MINO is just totally awesome! Sadly 😔 this song is not in Spotify but thankfully can be found on YouTube and of course this physical Seoulite album. Anyways the lyrics of the song talks about their feelings while on tour…well World Tour lol 😉✌️
* “My Star”- when I first heard this song. I knew I was going to love it. This song is definitely tailor-made for Lee Hi’s incredible soulful vocals. The song is so funky and soulful and very groovy! And the song is straight to point saying that that special someone is my star…well her star! Lol! It is so groovy and I totally enjoyed the song.
* “Hold My Hand” – the moment I heard the beat, especially knowing this is the 3rd song on her album… I just knew that this will be one of my favorite Albums. It is so groovy, soulful and makes me want to raise my arm and move slowly side by side according to the beat. Anyways like ‘My Star’ I thought the song is straight to the point saying “Let me hold your hand again and again and again. I want to to come back l. I want you to love me again.” The impression I got is that she wants him back to love her again.
* “Blue” –when I first heard this song. I knew I was going to love it. Like ‘My Star’, this song is definitely tailor-made for Lee Hi’s incredible soulful vocals. And like ‘Hold My Hand’, it is so groovy, soulful and makes me want to raise my arm and move slowly side by side and snap my fingers according to the beat. The song is sentimental and beautiful. And when you read the lyrics, the gist I get off it is that is is telling her former lover not to torture her by coming back to her, knowing he doesn’t really want her and is doing fine without her. She is already letting him go that he should stop looking for her. This is a beautiful kinda heart wrenching song.
* “Breathe” –when I first heard this song. I knew I was going to love it and that it will make me emotional. And I don’t mean offense, but I knew too every time I will listen to it it will make me sentimental and teary so a much as possible I listen to this sadly beautiful song when I am in that mood. Cause this song really touches your core especially with Lee Hi’s soulful voices. And what makes one even more sentimental is that it was written by Jonghyun of SHINee, who passed away… FYI, I don’t really follow SHINee, but they are a multi-talented group who help paved the way to the current KPop artists we know now. Anyways Breathe is a phenomenally beautiful emotional song that gets accentuated by Lee Hi’s absolutely amazing soulful vocals. Anyways this song is sadly beautiful and like I said earlier makes me very sentimental. Anyways from the lyrics of the song, the overall gist of it that I understood is that she (or Jonghyun the lyricist of it this song) is telling someone to just breathe, not to blame themselves, all will be well and that they are doing a good job. And in my opinion, I feel anyone wants an earnest support from someone. Anyways this is beautiful song.
* “Passing By” –when I first heard this song. I knew I was going to love it. Like ‘My Star’ & ‘Blue’, this song is definitely tailor-made for Lee Hi’s incredible soulful vocals. This is so soothing and makes me feel sentimental. Then when I read the actual lyrics, she is telling a former lover that she is hurting or unsure of how she feels, that when they see each other or he just passes her by but she understands that she hurt him too. Anyways overall I felt this was a sadly beautiful song.
* “Fxxk Wit Us” feat Dok2 – like the previous songs…when I first heard this song. I knew I was going to love it. And that this will be one of my favorite songs in Lee Hi’s album. I totally love the exchange of Lee Hi’s soulful vocals and Dok2 ‘s melo rap. It is totally awesome. The impression I got of this song is kind of like you and me against the world feel and fxxk them all. And this is actually what I understood from the lyrics of the song too. Anyways this is song is hands down lit. 🔥🔥🔥
* “Official” feat Incredivle – The moment I heard this I was like, I really love this entire album and I love all the songs and this is one of my favorite songs from this album. I love the R&B soulful feeling it gives. It is so groovy. It makes me want to bob my head and snap fingers along with the beat of the song. What I like is when she says “I wanna be your girl..” and that she wants to be official. Straight to the point she is telling her guy, that she basically only wants him and officially be with him. I felt that this is a such a sexy groovy song. Love it
* “Video” feat Bobby –The moment I heard this I was like, this entire album is undeniably a masterpiece and this is one of my favorite songs from this album. I love her collaboration with Bobby of iKON in this song. Anyways I thought is was a funky groovy song and I totally love it especially with Lee Hi’s soulful vocals and Bobby’s somewhat fierce rap. Overall what is interesting is that even though the song is funky groovy the lyrics tell a different story. The song is about her disappointment over her guys treatment of her, she knows his eyes are wondering that she is getting tired and that she wants to stop what they “have” and that he should stop being “sorry”. While he on the other hand is saying they have so many tiring conflicts but if their is any one he believes is his soulmate, it is her. Anyways I totally love this song, it is lit! 😊
* “Missing You” -like the previous songs or basically this entire album…the moment I heard the beat... I just knew that this will be one of my favorite songs and that is album, to me, is hands down a masterpiece. It is so groovy, soulful and sentimental. It makes me want to raise my arm and move slowly side by side according to the beat. For me, I felt that it is straight to the point, telling that special someone she is missing them, even though they aren’t together anymore and she doesn’t want to forget him yet.
* “Up All Night” feat TABLO of Epik High-like the previous songs or basically this entire album…the moment I heard the beat... I just knew that this will be one of my favorite songs and that is album, to me, is hands down a masterpiece. Especially knowing that this is her vocal collaboration with Tablo, who I mentioned earlier produced this entire album of hers. Anyways her collaborations with him and his members of Epik High are all amazing I especially love their song together, “It’s Cold” and “Here Comes The Regrets.” Anyways this song up all night, gives me the feels and makes me feel so sentimental and I love the part near the end when the song fades out, she goes “I am lost without you”, cause she is up all night thinking of him
* BONUS TRACK “I’m Different” feat Bobby _HiSuhyun -this song is one of my favorite collaborated YG artists song composed of Lee Hi and Suhyun of Akdong Musician with Bobby of iKON featuring. This song was actually released way before Lee Hi’s Seoulite was released so I was really happy they decided to add this as a bonus track because I totally love this triple threat collaboration. The MV btw is very awesome too. And in this MV predebut Jisoo of BLACKPINK was with them as a camwo. Anyways I also loved the live performance of this song.It is really funky and groovy.
Anyways if you made it up to here… Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review on Lee Hi’s Seoulite. This album is overall is such a masterpiece, an undeniable Masterpiece! And her vocals are phenomenal. And totally tailor-made for her. Her album is totally worth it! And I will definitely wait patiently for her comeback! Even someone I know who is not a Kpopper even thought it is good and felt that it is truly her. And I agree.
Anyways once again Thank you @yesasia ! For My #LeeHiSeoulite 💗😍💗
And if you are interested in my content, please subscribe to and follow here on my website. I will start making even more reviews here soon on #books #anime #movies #tvshows #cds etc. Especially on future KPOP artists’ album reviews and possibly MV interpretation/ review as well.
And please check out and follow me on my Instagram LadyAzulMoon
#korean #kpoppers #kpopgg #kpopsolo #kpopsoloists #soloist #koreangirlgroup #koreanband #koreanmusic #kpoplegends
#ygfamily #ygartists #ygartist #kpop #ygentertainment #yge #ygent #girlbands #girlgroups #popmusic #koreanpop