#Happy2NE110thanniversary ! #10yearswith2NE1!
Honestly I when I finished this I was a tad early cause here it wasn’t 17th yet but it is in Seoul, Korea and the day is about end…
So while the 17th slowly ends there and slowly begins here…
2NE1 CRUSH Album Review 💗💙♠️💙💗
Even though 2NE1 disbanded 3 years ago in 2016, I will celebrate the 10 year anniversary of 2NE1’s debut with an Album review
Disclaimer: I do not own #2NE1 …(But I am a longtime fan and a #BJ #Blackjack / #YGartists #YGstan )
First off, like all of my previous album reviews post, I want to clarify I am no musical expert. But I am a music lover who is particularly leaning more towards KPOP & other Asian music. Don’t get me wrong I am into all kinds of music like classical music, instrumental to anime theme songs and International artists as well like Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, Jojo, Mariah Carey, Madonna, Taylor Swift, NSYNC etc etc, just to name a few. But as I mentioned before I lean a little more towards KPOP especially these past couple years.
Also, like I mentioned many times in my previous KPop album reviews, my interest in KPOP all started with the debut of 2NE1, iKON’s, WINNER’s and Lee Hi’s older sister group from the same entertainment agency. The same group…who Park Bom, in my previous album review was also in…
2NE1 opened the doors to me to KPOP, with BIGBANG another sibling BUT elder group steeping deeply into my heart, followed by other artists including iKON, WINNER, BLACKPINK and LEE HI in their entertainment agency, YG entertainment. But more of them on another time, including 2NE1 cause to me 2NE1 is always forever and legendary!
But for now, the focus of my review is on 2NE1 and their masterpiece, they last album they ever made, before they were disbanded 3 years ago. Peace out btw for going off topic. 😊 Warning, I might do this every once in a while. LOL
Secondly, I have listened to the entire album before especially on #Spotify and #Youtube when it was first released 5 years ago and I happened to get the physical album as a X-mas present that same year in 2014. Anyways since I am making a review of all the songs, I will still give a heartfelt review as best as I can. Especially since this is one of my favorite Albums.
Thirdly, disclaimer, I want to clarify this review is like a mention before is from my thoughts, feelings and possibility on interpretation of the songs and the entire album…before and after reading the English translations… So you don’t have to take what I say seriously just with a grain of salt. But I do hope this gets you interested in 2NE1 and KPOP as a whole.
Btw, just a little tidbit… TEDDY is the main producer of all 2NE1 and their little sister girl group BLACKPINK songs. TEDDY is also a former 1TYM band member and a main producer with a comprehensive production discography. He is such a genius…. a talented lyricist, composer and producer. He is the great mind to both 2NE1 and BLACKPINK’s discography. Also well as being involved in the production of artists songs within and outside of YG. TEDDY also became the head of YG entertainment subsidiary agency THE BLACK LABEL.
Anyways onwards to the actual review!
2NE1’s Crush Album
Oh, and just to squeeze in…I know I will still say this for every song in this album but I love all the songs, I just love the entire album!
Moving on…I am starting with…
- “Crush” – this is the title song to 2NE1’s album. This is obviously one of my favorite songs in their album. It is such a badass party hype-you-up song! This song screams confidence and, in my opinion, builds confidence if you are lacking it. And if you read the English lyrics to this song too, this is definitely about confidence and 2NE1 screams it especially giving a little kudos to one of their debut songs I Don’t Care. This is a totally awesome song that in my opinion 2NE1 really invents and IS the Ultimate and Undeniable Badass Girl Crush concept! Awesome Presence!!!
- “Come Back Home” – this is also another title song for this album…I believe. And I love this song! This is one of my favorite songs on the album. This is one of 2NE1’s slightly melo alternative ballads. It is a beautiful song. And from the bridge and chorus you can tell it is a song of yearning…. Telling a lover that they miss them…to come back to them to literally come back home. Pun intended. Anyways in my interpretation of the song and the lyrics itself, it is kind of a breakup song or on the verge of a breakup where they are telling there lover not to leave them to come back. This is a beautifully well-made song.
- “Gotta Be You” – I totally love this song! This is definitely one of my favorite songs on the album. From the lyrics you can see that it is definitely after a breakup. When Dara sings the lines, “It ain’t over til it’s over…” repeatedly before the chorus. Then CL says “It’s ain’t over til it is over. It’s gotta be you.” Anyways when I first heard the song, it was very upbeat but it actually kind sad cause of the sense of yearning.. Anyways. I love it! I will let this song speak for itself because it is an amazing song!
- “If I Were You” –– I totally love this song! This is definitely one of my favorite songs on the album. This song is beautiful. Hands down! 2NE1 especially CL is totally phenomenal in this song. You can feel the raw emotion in not only the song itself but the members vocals too. This is a song of yearning, broken heart, and pain. Beautifully well-made song! Love it!
- “Good To You” – I love this song! And obviously up to here you can definitely tell that I love this entire album because this song is also one of my favorite songs and I am upto the fifth song in 2NE1’s album. This is a song of reminiscing and on the verge of healing, even though the old lover had left and has someone new. Anyways this is a sadly beautiful well-made song.
- “MTBD (Mental Breakdown)” – I love this song! This is one of my favorite songs on the album. This is CL’s solo song. And all I am going to say is that this is an awesome hype party song. Especially if you want to just let loose and just have fun. Listening to this song really makes me what to bop my head along with the music. This reminds me…I remember going nuts when predebut iKON performed this song for their monthly evaluation! It was dope! Also, when CL personally performed this song as well as her other solo songs on stage…she totally owned the stage!
- “Happy” – I really love this song! This is one of my favorite songs on the album. It is so upbeat and it makes me happy. Pun intended. But what is interesting is that that is even though it is literally an upbeat happy song, it is actually a sad song. Basically, it is a breakup song but with good vibes basically telling a former lover that yea they may be sad that they broke up but they hope their former lover will be happy. Hands down! Totally love this song!
- “Scream” (Korean Version) – I love this song! And like all the others one of my favorite songs on the album. It is so upbeat, funky and groovy. Totally gives of the party vibes. I will not expound the more except day throw all your cares away, have fun and party! Awesome song! Definitely feel good party vibes!
- “Baby I Miss You” – I totally love this song! This is definitely one of my favorite songs on the album. This song is beautiful. Hands down! This is a song of yearning. Beautifully well-made song! Love it! I will let this song speak for itself because it is breathtakingly beautiful. 😊
- “Come Back Home” (Unplugged version) – like the other version of this song, I love it! And I totally love this version!!!!! It is beautiful and in my opinion their vocals are phenomenal and well accentuated.
Overall, as I mentioned before I just love their entire album! And for me, there wasn’t really any song in this album that I can say I dislike because I found it as a masterpiece. It is so amazing and awesome! And it really screams them as a the ones who totally made the Badass Girl Crush Concept.
Anyways if you made it up to here… Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review on 2NE1’s CRUSH album. This album is overall is such a masterpiece, an undeniable Masterpiece! And their vocals are phenomenal. And totally tailor-made for them. Their album is totally worth it! And for me they are worthy of the title as one of KPOP’s Legendary Groups! They are overall my Favorite KPOP female girl group! I will always be a fan! A Blackjack! Forever and ever!
Anyways special shout out to my very cool auntie for getting this album for me on Xmas 2014! Years may have passed but I totally love her and she is even more awesome and cool than she already is cause she always been awesome and cool! Hehe! 💗😍💗
And if you are interested in my content, please subscribe to and follow here on my website. I will start making even more reviews here soon on #books #anime #movies #tvshows #cds etc. Especially on future KPOP artists’ album reviews and possibly MV interpretation/ review as well.
And please check out and follow me on my Instagram LadyAzulMoon
#korean #kpoppers #kpopgg #kpopsolo #kpopsoloists #soloist #koreangirlgroup #koreanband #koreanmusic #kpoplegends
#ygfamily #ygartists #ygartist #kpop #ygentertainment #yge #ygent #girlbands #girlgroups #popmusic #koreanpop