For the love of RED VELVET….
I finally got their latest CD, it took a while coming to me and I am still excited about it even though I heard all the songs on the album already both on Spotify and Youtube…
I just have not made a review on this until I got the actual album in my possession…
Anyways her is my 2nd RED VELVET Album review!!!
And for my 1st Album Review of the New Year of 2020!!! …
RED VELVET The ReVeFestival Finale Album Review
Disclaimer: I do not own #REDVELVET …(But I am a #REVELUV s ) Any information about the members, I got from Wikipedia 😊 Group pictures I got from online. Peace out!
First off, like all of my previous album reviews post, I want to clarify I am no musical expert. But I am a music lover who is particularly leaning or more inclined towards KPOP & other Asian music. Don’t get me wrong I am into all kinds of music like classical music, instrumental to anime theme songs and International artists as well like Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, Jojo, Mariah Carey, Madonna, Taylor Swift, NSYNC etc etc, just to name a few. But as I mentioned before I lean a little more towards KPOP especially these past couple years.
Also, like I mentioned many times in all of my previous KPop album reviews, my interest in KPOP all started with the debut of 2NE1, BLACKPINK’s, iKON’s, WINNER’s and Lee Hi’s older sister group from the same entertainment agency. The same group…who Park Bom, in one of my previous album reviews was also in…
Like I said…. 2NE1 opened the doors to me to KPOP, with BIGBANG another sibling BUT elder group steeping deeply into my heart, followed by other artists including iKON, WINNER, BLACKPINK and LEE HI in their entertainment agency, YG entertainment. But more of them on another time, including 2NE1 cause to me 2NE1 is always forever and legendary!
But for now, unlike my previous KPOP album reviews… This will be my first ever non-YG artist K-Pop album review. With the focus of my review is on RED VELVET and their masterpiece, RED VELVET The ReVeFestival Finale Album, which was released in late December 2019.
Peace out btw for going off topic. 😊 Warning, I might do this every once in a while. LOL
Why is RED VELVET a non-YG artist?! It is because if you don’t know yet, and are not a K-Pop fan…. Red Velvet is under SM Entertainment also known as SM Town! The home of Hallyu K-Pop Legends…Super Junior, Korea’s National Girl Girl…Girls’ Generation aka SNSD, and other popular groups like EX0, SHINee, F(x), NCT, TVXQ and BOA!
Anyways… As I was saying… the focus of my review is on RED VELVET and their masterpiece, RED VELVET The ReVeFestival Finale Album!!!
Secondly, I have listened to this entire album before especially on #Spotify and #Youtube when it was first released not too long ago. Anyways since I am making a review of all the songs, I will still give a heartfelt review as best as I can. Especially since this is one of my favorite Albums. And not too long ago, this weekend actually…I finally got their album… The ReVeFestival Finale Album because I’ve loved it so much after repeatedly listening to it both on Spotify and Youtube and after learning my favorite song of theirs… Psycho….will be in this The ReVeFestival Finale Album!
Thirdly, disclaimer, I want to clarify this review is like a mention before is from my thoughts, feelings and possibility on interpretation of the songs and the entire album…before and after reading the English translations… So you don’t have to take what I say seriously just with a grain of salt. But I do hope this gets you interested in RED VELVET and KPOP as a whole.
Just a little bit about RED VELVET…
They are a Five-member female KPOP group. This Quintet consists of from oldest to youngest… Irene, Wendy, Seulgi, Joy and Yeri! The debuted in August 1, 2014 with Happiness as a four-member group consisted of Irene, Wendy, Seulgi and Joy….it was in March 2015 when Yeri was added to the group. Since their debut, they released two studio albums, one reissue album and seven extended plays. Their popular singles that all topped the charts include Ice Cream Cake, Dumb Dumb, Russian Roulette, Rookie, Peek-a-Boo, Bad Boy, Red Flower and Power Up. Their name, Red Velvet means their two sides, “Red” and “Velvet” also known as their dual concept that influences their style and music. The “Red” side is when they release mainly pop music that is bright and youthful. While the “Velvet” side is when they release R&B type music with a more mature concept. This dual concept of theirs earned them much international praise for their versatility and diverse music.
Anyways onwards to the actual review!
RED VELVET The Reve Festival Finale Album!!! Woohoo!!!
Moving on…I am starting with…
- Psycho – I totally love this song! It is one of my favorite Red Velvet songs, most especially in this album. Also, not only it is a bop song… It is totally hot and sexy!!! Just listening to this song and singing a lot with it, I was feeling flirty and sexy! I got the Bad Boy feels!!! R&B baby!! All the way! Psycho, in my opinion seems like a strong word to make into a song but the creators and Red Velvet expressed it nicely. The expression I get from them is that the guy they are eyeing and have interest in or trying to stay away from is driving them crazy, they can’t control their feelings. And then when you read the lyrics of the song, turns they are in the relationship with guy, it’s weird relationship where they crush and drive each other crazy but they still get back together, hug and love each other. People do not find them funny. That it’s alright. And that they will be okay. Anyways it is an awesome bop song, and I totally and undeniably love it! And with that I will let the song speak for itself!
- In & Out – I love this song; this is one of my favorite song on the album. And why I love this? I love this because it gives off an R&B vibe. It is so sexy and bop! I totally love Red Velvet’s vocals and harmonization here, it’s strong and undeniably amazing. Like Psycho, this song also gives me the same vibe I got from their 2018 song Bad Boy…although still slightly different… I get this flirtatious sexy vibe of in which the girls are express their growing attractions towards someone who has interest in them too but you also get the vibe too that circumstances and feelings are complicated as well but the attraction is definitely there. Anyways it is an awesome bop song, and I totally love it!
- Remember Forever – love this song, this is one of my favorite song on the album. This song is SOOO sweet and beautiful. It makes you want to sway gently side to side along to beat, and when the rap parts come up you can’t help but shake your head with every word. I totally love Red Velvet’s vocals and harmonization here especially near the end of the song, it is incredible. I found it absolutely interesting because even though it is an enchanting groovy song, it is about basically about being in love! Anyways, I totally love it!
- Eyes Locked, Hands Locked – I totally love this song, this is one of my favorite song on the album. I totally love this song! Totally love Red Velvet’s vocal’s here and I found their harmonization absolutely amazing and undeniably beautiful! I felt like I was listening to heavenly lullaby of a love story expressed through song… A type of love story. But then when you read the actual lyrics of the song, I realized it is more of a sweet good morning love song, it is quite romantic in which the ladies telling their men to come to their door if they what to want to hub them, see them and smile at them. Anyways I love this song, it is so beautiful romantic song.
- Ladies Night – I totally love this song, this is one of my favorite song on the album. And from this being the fifth song on the track I can tell I was going to love the entire album. And why I love this? I love this because it gives me these 80s vibe. I found it totally amazing. I found it very hip as it easily got me bouncing my head along with the music! It is so totally groovy! And I love Red Velvet’s vocals here! From listening to the song I get the impression of having fun you’re your ladies. From my interpretation of the song especially after I read the lyrics, it is basically that… simply having fun and enjoying time with your girls because it is Ladies’ Night! Pun intended!
- Jumpin’ – I love this song. I don’t usually listen to too many upbeat songs even though I do like and listen to them. I am more for R&B and Ballads and some rap. But this is such a fun bop song! I got an 90s vibe for this song. It’s so groovy! Anyway, this song is basically about having fun with others and enjoying yourself. It is not my favorite, favorite song, but I love this song all the same. It is such a cool groovy song!
- Love Is The Way – I totally love this song! It is so totally groovy and sweet! I might be wrong with the era, but I get 50s to 60s vibe from this song. It is such a feel-good upbeat song! I love Red Velvet’s vocals in this song. They totally fit this style of music! Not too many kpop artist try out this style either, so it makes it so refreshing. Overall, not getting into the meaning of the song… Hands down, I love this song! It’s definitely one of my favorites. I will let the song speak for itself because it is amazing!
- Carpool – Like I mentioned with Jumpin’ . I don’t usually listen to too many upbeat songs even though I do like and listen to them. I am more for R&B and Ballads and some rap. But I love this and its one of my favorites. This is because it is such a groovy feel good song. It has a somewhat 80s vibe to it which I really love. From the song, I get the impression of just going anywhere with a lover and just having fun and enjoying one another’s company. And from the actual lyrics, it sounds like it. It is fun groovy song. I love it!
- Umpah Umpah – I was honestly at first was conflicted by this song. But it grew on me. But at the same time, it is honestly not a song I would repeat all the time…. But I will not deny it is so cute and catchy, it slowly starts to become a mantra and it slightly addicting because like I said it is catchy. It’s groovy! I don’t know why but I suddenly think of Scooby-Doo. I know… off topic. Hehe… Anyways from the song, you get the impression and my interpretation of this song is having fun while falling in love. Especially since those moments is something unforgettable…its memorable. And that it basically it. I cannot say I love it, but I can definitely say that I like it. It’s the type of song that grows on you. It really gets stuck in your head… Almost like it is putting a spell on you to remember it.
- LP – When I first heard this song I thought of elevator music. Really good elevator music that would lift your mood or really amuse you while you are on your way up to work. The song sounds so retro, very jazzy. I love it! So groovy. When you read the lyrics of the song, from what I understood from it, it is basically about liking someone and slowly possibly falling in love with that person. Either way it is a really cute groovy song. Anyways I will let this song speak for itself!
- Parade– Like I mentioned with Jumpin’ and Carpool. I don’t usually listen to too many upbeat songs even though I do like and listen to them. I am more for R&B and Ballads and some rap. But I love this song. It is such a fun groovy song! It is so unique and such a mood lifter. The beginning reminds be a bit of the song the Second Date from their Perfect Red Velvet Repackage album. It upbeat and groovy. And with that I will let the song speak for itself because I found this song undeniably cute and refreshing!
- Bing Bing – Like I mentioned with Jumpin’ , Parade and Carpool. I don’t usually listen to too many upbeat songs even though I do like and listen to them. I am more for R&B and Ballads and some rap. But I love this and its one of my favorites. This is because it is such a groovy feel good song. It is not my favorite, favorite song but I still love it. And with that I will let the song speak for itself because I found this song undeniably fun and groovy!
- Milkshake– I totally love this song! It is so totally groovy and catchy! I totally love Red Velvet’s vocals and harmonization here, it’s undeniably amazing. It has to groovy feel-good sexy vibe that you can’t help but sing along whether or not you know the lyrics and understand the meaning of the song. That’s how good it is. The interpretation from the song is somewhat flirty and expression likes or approval of something…. In the ladies of Red Velvet’s case, they approve their men. While reading the English translations though, the lyrics might make you blush a bit and be like what is this the right translations! O-M-G! Either way, I think is an amazing groovy somewhat sexy song! I love it!
- Sunny Side Up! – I honestly not sure about this at first because of the title saying Sunny Side Up but once I listened to it. I knew I will end up loving since it reminds me of their Kingdom Come song from their Perfect Red Velvet Repackage album! It gives off a somewhat R&B vibe which I totally love! From listening to the song, I felt like it is both about love and attraction. And from my interpretation of the song especially when I read the lyrics, it is about fallin in love with someone but telling that significant to take it slow and not shake them up because they will get there since they already feeling something for them. Anyways I will let this beautiful groovy song speak for itself! I totally love it!
- Zimzalabim – I was honestly at first conflicted by this song, along with Umpah Umpah. But like Umpah Umpah it grew on me. But at the same time it is honestly not a song I would repeat all the time…. But I will not deny it is so cute and catchy, it slowly starts to become a mantra and it slightly addicting because like I said it is catchy. It gets stuck on your mind especially if you keep hearing this song over again especially the same word Zimzalabim over and over again. It really gets stuck in your head… Almost like it is putting a spell on you to remember it. It’s the type of song that grows on you.
- La Rouge – This being the last song on the album…and listening to this song and I can overall see that I loved the entire album. I totally love this song! Totally love Red Velvet’s vocal’s here and I found their harmonization absolutely amazing and undeniably beautiful! From listening to the song, I get this somewhat sexy groovy vibe…sort of like vibe. Anyways, basically the song is about attraction and falling in love. Anyways I will let this beautiful sexy song speak for itself! I totally love it!
Overall, as I mentioned before I just love Red Velvet’s entire album! And for me, there wasn’t really any song in this album that I can say I dislike because I found it as an absolutely undeniable masterpiece. It is simply amazing and awesome! Like their Perfect Red Velvet Repackage, this album… The ReVeFestival Finale Album… clearly expresses a different kind of Red Velvet! Well from their previous releases like Dumb Dumb and Happiness, etc etc. This time the album is so fresh while bringing back the retro feels of the 50s to 60s to the 70s to 80s, 90s and the present! With a diverse set of pop and R&B vibe to it!
Anyways if you made it up to here… Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review on RED VELVET The Perfect Velvet Repackage Album. Hopefully this review gets you interested in Red Velvet and KPOP as whole. Thank you @AMAZON for my RED VELVET The ReVeFestival Finale Album! I absolutely love it!
And if you are interested in my content, please subscribe to and follow here on my website. I will start making even more reviews here soon on #books #anime #movies #tvshows #cds etc. Especially on future KPOP artists’ album reviews and possibly MV interpretation/ review as well.
And please check out and follow me on my Instagram LadyAzulMoon
#korean #kpoppers #kpopgg #koreangirlgroup #koreanband #koreanmusic #kpoplegends
#smtown #smartists #smartist #kpop #smentertainment #yge #ygent #girlbands #girlgroups #popmusic #koreanpop
#RedVelvet #irene #wendy #joy #seulgi #yeri
#BaeJoohyun #ParkSooyoung #KimYerim #KangSeulgi #ShonSeungwan
#TheReVeFestivalFinale #Zimzalabim #Psycho #UmpahUmpah