Out of my excitement for finally getting Taeyang’s Solar Album, one of his first albums, his first full length album…the other day…shipping took a while…
The news of the upcoming release of his documentary…with hints / details of his relationship and his marriage with the beautiful Min Hyorin! Hands down! Gorgeous couple!
And the fact that it is his birthday! Tomorrow, May 18! The day after 2NE1’s anniversary btw…
I decided to make a K-Pop Album! My first KPOP Album Review in a long time…
So, I am rushing this to make it in time for Taeyang’s birthday and post it the moment I woke up in the morning…
TAEYANG SOLAR Album Review
Disclaimer: I do not own #TAEYANG #SOL #BIGBANG …(But I am a longtime fan and a #VIP / #YGartists #YGstan )
First off, like all of my previous album reviews post, I want to clarify I am no musical expert. But I am a music lover who is particularly leaning more towards KPOP & other Asian music. Don’t get me wrong I am into all kinds of music like classical music, instrumental to anime theme songs and International artists as well like Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, Jojo, Mariah Carey, Madonna, Taylor Swift, NSYNC etc etc, just to name a few. But as I mentioned before I lean a little more towards KPOP especially these past couple years.
Like I mentioned many times in my previous KPop album reviews, my interest in KPOP all started with the debut of 2NE1, iKON’s, WINNER’s and Lee Hi’s older sister group from the same entertainment agency and the younger sister group to BIGBANG, the group Taeyang is in. Like I mentioned before in my previous album reviews 2NE1 is the same group…who Park Bom, in my previous album review was also in…
2NE1 opened the doors to me to KPOP, with BIGBANG another sibling BUT elder group …the group Taeyang is a part… one of the main male KPOP groups that steeped deeply into my heart, followed by other artists including iKON, WINNER, BLACKPINK and LEE HI in their entertainment agency, YG entertainment. But more on all of them on another time, including 2NE1 cause to me 2NE1 is always forever and legendary! And whom, just this May 17th, celebrated their 11th anniversary!
But for now the focus of my review is on Taeyang of BIGBANG and his masterpiece. Peace out btw for going off topic. 😊 Warning, I might do this every once in a while. LOL
Secondly, I have listened to the entire album before especially on #Spotify and #Youtube when it was first released a couple of years ago and I happened to get the physical album not too long ago on YESASIA. Anyways since I am making a review of all the songs, I will still give a heartfelt review as best as I can. Especially since this is one of my favorite Albums…most especially from Taeyang
Thirdly, disclaimer, I want to clarify this review is like a mention before is from my thoughts, feelings and possibility on interpretation of the songs and the entire album…before and after reading the English translations… So you don’t have to take what I say seriously just with a grain of salt. But I do hope this gets you interested in Taeyang, BIGBANG and KPOP as a whole.
Btw, just a little tidbit…TEDDY who is the main producer of all 2NE1 and their little sister girl group BLACKPINK songs…also helped Taeyang produce his album Solar if I remember correctly along with the founder/ producer YG, Yang Hyun Suk. Anyways TEDDY is also a former 1TYM band member and a main producer with a comprehensive production discography. He is such a genius…. a talented lyricist, composer and producer. He is the great mind to both 2NE1 and BLACKPINK’s discography. Also well as being involved in the production of artists songs within and outside of YG. TEDDY also became the head of YG entertainment subsidiary agency THE BLACK LABEL.
While BIGBANG, which TAEYANG is the main vocalist of…as well as songwriter and dancer. He is considered as the Korean “Prince of R&B”, Taeyang’s vocal skills have been admired by music critics and he is regarded as one of the best vocalists in South Korea.
BIGBANG is a South Korean boy band formed by YG Entertainment and are part of the second generation KPOP. They group were five members: G-Dragon, T.O.P, Taeyang, Daesung and lastly Seungri who retired from the industry on March 11, 2019. They are often refered to as one of the most influential acts to shape the K-pop industry by helping spread the Korean Wave internationally and are often dubbed the “Kings of K-pop” by the media. Their experimental and diverse use of music genres, personal involvement in producing their own records, and stage performances have received a positive critical reception.
Anyways onwards to the actual review!
Which will be slightly shorter than my other KPOP music album reviews…
Once again, I am rushing this to make in time for his birthday and post it the moment I wait up in the morning…
Here it goes…
- “Solar (Intro)”- I totally love this intro! The moment he starting speaking before he sings his intro “Are you ready for Solar, are you ready for Solar….” He is literally building the anticipation with his sexy, smooth vocals. Enough said. Truly a hot intro!
- “Superstar”-Love this song! It is one of my favorites! Anyways, this song makes me want to bop my head along with the beat! And then the moment he starts singing in English…”come be my lady,” and he starts singing “you’ll be my superstar, and I’m your biggest fan..,” oh my heart! Then he clearly says, “I miss you girl, I just wanna hold you and kiss you…,” a totally cheek grabbing, giddy moment…Anyways this song is so hip and groovy, but him telling his lover how much he adores her. Love it!
- “I Need a Girl (featuring G-Dragon)”-This song is definitely one of my favorite songs!!! If 2NE1 got me into KPOP and they also got me interested in BIGBANG!… Mostly because of their “Lollipop” collaboration with 2NE1, which is one of their many collaborations…whether they did cameos, duets and/or featuring(s) in each other songs…or in this case with “I Need a Girl,”2NE1’s DARA aka Sandara Park was Taeyang’s leading lady. As the title says…the lyrics is basically about Taeyang is expressing how much he needs a girl. This is Classic, Smooth, and Sexy Taeyang! Especially the dance moves…smoking hot! Totally, love this song. And what makes it even more hot is that G-Dragon, his fellow band member and The Leader of his group, featured in it. Hands down, an awesome song you got to check out!
- “Just A Feeling”-I totally love this song! It is soooo groovy! While his vocals just makes it sound like he is expressing his feelings. Cause it is just a feeling. Pun intended. When you read the lyrics, he is telling his girl that she makes feel good, that he just wants to be with her and not lose her..that their times together is precious to him. A major awwww!!! But anyways, this is such a sweet, groovy song that just makes you want to bop you head and sway along with the beat.
- “You’re My”- I totally love this song! At this point, you can definitely tell the since it is the fifth song that I love on this album, I know I will definitely love this entire album. No doubt. Anyways, this song …is, an interlude….a really sexy interlude. Especially with such enticing lyrics like…”You’re my chocolate, my sweetest chocolate..” Oh my…heaven…especially with his smooth crooning vocals.
- “Move (featuring Teddy)” – I totally love this song! I love the fact as well, the TEDDY, the miraculous mind behind both 2NE1’s and BLACKPINK’s music, especially former WONDERGIRLS Sunmi with Gashina…is featured in this song. Anyways, love their collaboration for this song. Anyways, this song is basically about having fun, dancing and just moving and grooving. And this song makes you do exactly that…just move. Pun intended.
- “Break Down” – I totally love this song! It is one of my favorites! In this album, this is Taeyang’s hype, dance. I will not expound any further except say…that this an amazing song you should get into. It will hype you up!
- “After You Fall Asleep (featuring Swings)”-I like this song! It is so groovy! But at the same time this song is very conflicting… This is because of the lyrics the song, where he basically hopes his lover, goes to sleep while he imagines that his is with another lover…
- “Where U At”- I love this song! Taeyang’s vocals here are amazing. And interestingly enough, TEDDY, who I’ve mentioned in ‘Move’…the miraculous mind behind both 2NE1’s and BLACKPINK’s music, especially former WONDERGIRLS Sunmi with Gashina…is also featured in this song. Anyways, love their collaboration for this song. Anyways, this song is basically about him wondering where his girl is at. Pun intended.
- “Wedding Dress”- This song is one of my favorite songs!!! This is Classic, Smooth, and Sexy Taeyang! The dance moves…smoking hot! Especially this solo dance break! Totally, love this song. The music video is amazing too. Anyways, the song is about someone he cares about is getting married… And he is basically just want to say everything he is feeling for her before he finally let’s her go… This is just a beautiful, classic song by Taeyang!
- “Take It Slow”-I totally love this song! I absolutely love the beat and Taeyang’s crooning vocals. So sweet and smooth like he is singing the sweetest lullaby… And in a way, especially from the lyrics…he is basically telling the woman he loves that he wants her and that she is the one he dreams about and he wants to take things slow with her… Pun intended. Anyways this is such a beautiful sweet song that will make you fall in love especially with Taeyang!
Anyways if you made it up to here… Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review on Taeyang’s SOLAR album. This album is overall is such, an undeniable Masterpiece! Classic Taeyang! And his vocals are phenomenal. And totally tailor-made for him. His album is totally worth it! A worth it as his first full length album’1 And for me he is worthy being one of the members of one of K-POP’s Legendary Groups, BIGBANG!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAEYANG!
Anyways thank you @YESASIA #YESASIA ! This album is awesome and classic Taeyang💗😍💗
I hope I gave this review of Taeyang’ first full length album justice despite rushing this to make in time for his birthday and aiming to post it the moment I wait up in the morning…
But either way, on my next Music Album post, definitely KPOP, and especially if another TAEYANG album…I will take my time and as always give all my thoughts and feelings about the album.
And if you are interested in my content, please subscribe to and follow here on my website. I will start making even more reviews here soon on #books #anime #movies #tvshows #cds etc. Especially on future KPOP artists’ album reviews and possibly MV interpretation/ review as well.
And please check out and follow me on my Instagram LadyAzulMoon
It’s officially HAPPY TAEYANG DAY!
Anyways til my next post
STAY SAFE! STAY HOME AND STAY HEALTHY! As well as Respect each other! Cause the virus doesn’t discriminate!
God Bless you and your loved ones always! Let’s all pray for the best and for as cure for not only the Corona virus but all diseases as well
#korean #kpoppers #kpopgg #kpopsolo #kpopsoloists #soloist #koreanboygroup #koreanband #koreanmusic #kpoplegends
#ygfamily #ygartists #ygartist #kpop #ygentertainment #yge #ygent #boybands #boygroups #popmusic #koreanpop
#BIGBANG #TAEYANG #HAPPYTAEYANGDAY